Matthew 26:31-35 and 57-75
Antioch (Grades 3-5) Arcade
“All of us have sinned and fallen short
of God’s glory.” — Romans
Peter thought he would never betray Jesus, but then he denied three times that he knew Jesus. Like Peter, we will sometimes fail, but we can recognize our mistakes and keep trying to be faithful disciples.
Trudy is invited to a Saturday night sleepover. Her parents say they’ll pick her up early Sunday morning to go to church. The other girls at the party say, “Ugh, I hate church! It’s so boring!” Trudy feels embarrassed.
What can Trudy say that would deny Jesus?
What can Trudy say that would be faithful to Jesus?
If Trudy makes the wrong choice, what can she do when she realizes her mistake?
Look up Matthew 26 in the Contemporary English Version of the Bible to solve the puzzle.
2. Peter followed along at a distance and came to the __________ of the high priest's palace. He went in and sat down with the guards to see what was going to happen. (Verse 58)
5. Jesus replied, "I promise you that before a rooster crows tonight, you will say ________ times that you don't know me." (Verse 34)
6. Jesus said to his disciples, "During this very night, _____ of you will reject me.” (Verse 31)
8. When Peter had gone out to the gate, another servant girl saw him and said to some people there, "This man was with Jesus from ____." (Verse 71)Again Peter denied it, and this time he swore, "I don't even know that man!"
9. _________ spoke up, "Even if all the others reject you, I never will!" (Verse 33)
10. A little while later some people standing there walked over to Peter and said, "We know that you are one of them. We can tell it because you ____ like someone from
Galilee." (Verse 73) Peter began to curse and swear, "I don't know that man!"
1. While Peter was sitting out in the courtyard, a servant girl came up to him and said, "You were with Jesus from _________." (Verse 69) But in front of everyone Peter said, "That isn't so! I don't know what you are talking about!"
2. Then Peter went out and ____ hard. (Verse 76)
3. Right then a rooster crowed, and Peter ____ that Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows, you will say three times that you don't know me." (Verse 76)
4. But Peter said, "Even if I have to _______ with you, I will never say I don't know you." All the others said the same thing. (Verse 35)
7. After Jesus had been arrested, he was led off to the house of ________ the high priest. (Verse 57)
Created by Puzzlemaker at DiscoverySchool.com