Audio Visual Technical Director
Position Title: AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR Concurrence:_________________
Supervisor: Director of Music and the Arts Concurrence:_________________
Position Classification: Paid __X_ Volunteer _______
Exempt ____ Non-Exempt ___X___
Full time ____ Part-Time ___X ___(10 hrs/wk est. avg.)
Date: August 21, 2022
The Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church has distinguished itself for having a dedicated volunteer AV Team, and for the quality of its streaming and AV production services. This part-time position for an AV Technical Director is to provide overall direction for the volunteer team and to coordinate the development and operation of existing and additional AV capabilities.
- The preferred candidate would have at least 2 years’ experience in production environments.
- Certified Audio Engineer a plus.
- The candidate would be familiar with various AV production hardware and software, which might include – vMix video switching software, the Yamaha TF series mixer, ProPresenter, Photohop, and various video and audio editing software such as DeVinci Resolve, Adobe Premier, Audacity, etc.
- Have experience with various AV products and vendors – IT experience a plus.
- Proven success in meeting deadlines where planning and coordination various teams is required
- Proficiency with standard word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and planning software
- Ability to productively interact with and respect a wide range of personalities, with differing opinions about their worship experiences.
- The ideal candidate would be a seasoned AV professional that is looking for a church home and would like to leave a lasting legacy by using audio/visuals to grow the church’s outreach and mission. College students with the right experience and enthusiasm would also be considered. We are looking for someone that sees AV inside a church as a personal ministry.
Principal Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Assist in AV Production for Sunday Services – 3 hrs/week:
- Be available for three hours to assist with audio and streaming the services 7 out of 8 Sundays. The times of the services change during the year but typically range between 10 AM and 11 AM.
Oversee the Administration of AV Services – 2 hrs/week:
- Coordinate with the church staff to provide a point of contact to address their AV needs.
- Manage the AV calendar and coordinate with the AV Team to insure manpower is available for AV services and church events.
Coordinate AV Services for Special Church Productions and Events – 3 hrs/week:
- Coordinate any AV needs for the staff, such as monitors or audio equipment where needed.
- Ensure sufficient AV coverage and event coordination for special services (Christmas Eve and Easter). Coverage of these special services may qualify for overtime.
- This position has the first right of refusal for AV coverage for special events such as funerals and weddings. There may be additional compensation for such events.
Be a Training Resource for the AV Tech Team – 2 hrs/week:
- Provide advice and documentation to the AV team to help them improve their abilities in sound recording and mixing, camera work, video editing, and audio mastering
Be a Technical Advisor to Staff and the AV Team – As part of ongoing duties
- Make recommendations to staff and the AV team for products, services, and vendors as new needs and capabilities are developed – example: campus-wide video distribution, etc.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Sr. Pastor/Head of Staff.