Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
Position Title: Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries Concurrence:________________
Supervisor: Associate Pastor of Christian Nurture and Mission Concurrence:________________
Position Classification: Paid __x__ Volunteer ________
Exempt __x__ Non-Exempt ________
Full time __x __ Part-Time ________
Date: February 7, 2023
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (DYYAM) is a non-ordained program staff who provides administration and leadership for the Kirk’s youth ministries including those individuals in 6th through 12th grades, college age, and the Young Adult Ministry serving families, couples, and singles.
The DYYAM collaborates with the Pastor/Head of Staff, Associate Pastor(s) and all other staff designated as responsible for the Children’s, Adult ministries, and any other component of Christian Education (CE).
The DYYAM works closely with the CE Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team with respect to youth and young adult ministries, regularly attends that team’s meetings, and provides resourcing to that team. The DYYM also regularly attends meetings of the Church Staff and participates actively as a member of the Kirk Program Staff representing youth and young adult ministries.
The DYYAM directs, recruits, trains, and supports volunteers who work with youth and young adults.
The DYYAM is responsible for effective communication regarding Kirk youth and young adults and programming within the Church and community at large.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred
- Minimum of two years in full time youth ministry
- A strong Christian commitment and calling both to work with youth, young adults, and their families
- A desire and calling to support youth and young adults in the greater church (lay leaders, presbytery youth council, etc.)
- Certification in Christian Education or Youth Ministry preferred but not required
- Background in Presbyterian Reformed tradition preferred
- Post graduate education in theology or Christian Education preferred but not required
- Minimum two years of team leadership experience, including volunteer enablement and coordination
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to navigate technology and social media
- Effective interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to individuals and to the need for confidentiality
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Database management experience also a plus
Principal Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Design, direct and participate in youth programs and activities for the church. Current programs and activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sunday evening youth programs
- Sunday School—6th/7th grade, High School (identify and train teachers; resource for curriculum)
- Support (including planning and leading) the annual Confirmation Program for 8th grade youth
- Youth programs at all Retreats
- Mission and Faith Formation Trips
- Celebration of milestones in the lives and faith journeys of the youth
- Seek and utilize youth input regarding youth programming; create ways for the youth to take ownership and assume leadership in youth programs and mentor them in these roles
- Create a caring environment through positive interpersonal relationships with the youth of the Church, and be accessible and responsive to contacts from youth and their parents
- Provide spiritual leadership by demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ to the youth of the Church and join in nurturing their spiritual development, and encouraging and facilitating their pilgrimage toward a mature faith
- Provide mediation and conflict resolution if/when situations arise
- Recruit, train, resource, and manage adult volunteers associated with youth programs and ensure that the Children & Youth Safety Policy is followed
- Provide input to the development of the budget for youth programs and manage the approved budget
- Lead planning and organize all logistics including, but not limited to, the participant registration process (set fees, manage scholarships and fund raising) for mission trips and conferences
- Attend, provide input to, and report to meetings of the CE Youth and Young Adult Ministry team and Kirk Staff with respect to youth and young adult programs and activities
- Update annual directory of current youth with registration information, calendar, and contact information
- Facilitate Youth Council meetings and activities
Young Adult Ministry
- Direct and enable the continued growth of the young adult ministry serving families, couples, and singles
- Serve as director, visionary, and communicator for young adult ministries
- Coordinate mission opportunities for young adults locally and abroad
- Work in partnership with all Ministry Teams
- Establish, implement, and oversee effective communication for the young adults
- Plan, promote, coordinate, and delegate church and social activities for the young adult ministry. Current programs and activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monthly Fellowship (Devout Stout)
- Sunday School
- Monthly Bible Study
- Moms, Mugs and a Message
- Intergenerational Book Group
- Quarterly Volunteer Activities
- Seek and utilize young adult input regarding programming; create ways for the young adults to take ownership/assume leadership in the young adult programs and mentor them in these roles
- Create a caring environment through positive interpersonal relationships with the young adults of the Church, and be accessible and responsive to contacts from them
- Provide spiritual leadership and educational opportunities by demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ to the young adults of the Church and join in nurturing their spiritual development, and encouraging and facilitating their pilgrimage toward a mature and maturing faith
- Provide input to the development of the budget for young adult programs and manage the approved budget
- Manage participant registration process (set fees, manage scholarships and fund raising) for mission trips and conferences
- Attend, provide input to, and report to meetings of the CE Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team and Kirk Staff with respect to youth and young adult programs and activities
- Abide by, exemplify, and enforce the mission and vision of the CE Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Other duties as may be assigned by Associate Pastor of Christian Nurture and Mission and/or Pastor/Head of Staff.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of candidates will begin March 1, 2023.
Download the Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries job description here. (PDF).
Audio Visual Technical Director
Position Title: AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR Concurrence:_________________
Supervisor: Director of Music and the Arts Concurrence:_________________
Position Classification: Paid __X_ Volunteer _______
Exempt ____ Non-Exempt ___X___
Full time ____ Part-Time ___X ___(10 hrs/wk est. avg.)
Date: August 21, 2022
The Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church has distinguished itself for having a dedicated volunteer AV Team, and for the quality of its streaming and AV production services. This part-time position for an AV Technical Director is to provide overall direction for the volunteer team and to coordinate the development and operation of existing and additional AV capabilities.
- The preferred candidate would have at least 2 years’ experience in production environments.
- Certified Audio Engineer a plus.
- The candidate would be familiar with various AV production hardware and software, which might include – vMix video switching software, the Yamaha TF series mixer, ProPresenter, Photohop, and various video and audio editing software such as DeVinci Resolve, Adobe Premier, Audacity, etc.
- Have experience with various AV products and vendors – IT experience a plus.
- Proven success in meeting deadlines where planning and coordination various teams is required
- Proficiency with standard word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and planning software
- Ability to productively interact with and respect a wide range of personalities, with differing opinions about their worship experiences.
- The ideal candidate would be a seasoned AV professional that is looking for a church home and would like to leave a lasting legacy by using audio/visuals to grow the church’s outreach and mission. College students with the right experience and enthusiasm would also be considered. We are looking for someone that sees AV inside a church as a personal ministry.
Principal Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Assist in AV Production for Sunday Services – 3 hrs/week:
- Be available for three hours to assist with audio and streaming the services 7 out of 8 Sundays. The times of the services change during the year but typically range between 10 AM and 11 AM.
Oversee the Administration of AV Services – 2 hrs/week:
- Coordinate with the church staff to provide a point of contact to address their AV needs.
- Manage the AV calendar and coordinate with the AV Team to insure manpower is available for AV services and church events.
Coordinate AV Services for Special Church Productions and Events – 3 hrs/week:
- Coordinate any AV needs for the staff, such as monitors or audio equipment where needed.
- Ensure sufficient AV coverage and event coordination for special services (Christmas Eve and Easter). Coverage of these special services may qualify for overtime.
- This position has the first right of refusal for AV coverage for special events such as funerals and weddings. There may be additional compensation for such events.
Be a Training Resource for the AV Tech Team – 2 hrs/week:
- Provide advice and documentation to the AV team to help them improve their abilities in sound recording and mixing, camera work, video editing, and audio mastering
Be a Technical Advisor to Staff and the AV Team – As part of ongoing duties
- Make recommendations to staff and the AV team for products, services, and vendors as new needs and capabilities are developed – example: campus-wide video distribution, etc.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Sr. Pastor/Head of Staff.
How to Apply:
To apply for the AV Technical Director position, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Download the AV Technical Director job description (PDF) here.