Audio Visual Technical Director
Job Overview: The Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church in Cary, North Carolina, has distinguished itself for having a dedicated AV Team and for the quality of its streaming and AV production services. They are opening a part-time position for an AV Technical Director to help them continue to develop their AV capabilities.
Assist in AV Production for Sunday Services – 3 hrs/week:
• Be available for three hours to assist with audio and streaming the services 7 out of 8 Sundays. The times of the services change during the year but typically range between 10 AM and 11 AM.
Oversee the Administration of AV Services – 2 hrs/week:
• Coordinate with the church staff to provide a point of contact to address their AV needs.
• Manage the AV calendar and coordinate with the AV Team to insure manpower is available for AV services and church events, including weddings, funerals, and special events.
Coordinate AV Services for Special Church Productions and Events – 3 hrs/week:
• Coordinate any AV needs for the staff, such as monitors or audio equipment where needed.
• Be the team lead for special productions – Christmas, Easter, etc. – which might include staff coordination, audio and video recording, and post production. The Technical Director oversees the projects and coordinates tasks to be performed by AV Team volunteers.
Be a Training Resource for the AV Tech Team – 2 hrs/week:
• Provide advice and documentation to the AV team to help them improve their abilities in sound recording and mixing, camera work, video editing, and audio mastering
Be a Technical Advisor to Staff and the AV Team – As part of ongoing duties
• Make recommendations to staff and the AV team for products, services, and vendors as new needs and capabilities are developed – example: campus-wide video distribution, etc.
• The ideal candidate would be a seasoned AV professional that is looking for a church home and would like to leave a lasting legacy by using audio/visuals to grow the church’s outreach and mission. College students with the right experience and enthusiasm would also be considered. We are looking for someone that sees AV inside a church as a personal ministry.
• The preferred candidate would have at least 2 years experience in production environments.
• Certified Audio Engineer a plus.
• The candidate would be familiar with various AV production hardware and software, which might include – vMix video switching software, the Yamaha TF series mixer, ProPresenter, Photohop, and various video and audio editing software such as DeVinci Resolve, Adobe Premier, Audacity, etc.
• Have experience with various AV products and vendors – IT experience a plus.
• Proven success in meeting deadlines where planning and coordination various teams is required
• Proficiency with standard word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and planning software
• Ability to productively interact with and respect a wide range of personalities, with differing opinions about their worship experiences.
Job posted: 12/8/21