A Walk on Water
Antioch Arcade(Grades 3-5)
ďChrist gives me the strength to face anything.Ē† Philippians (CEV)
When Peter focused on Jesus, he could walk on water. When we focus on Jesus, he gives us the power to do Godís work in the world.
Sometimes itís easy to believe that Jesus is with us, and sometimes itís hard. What are some things you can do to remember that Jesus is with you in a difficult situation?
Use the Contemporary English Version of the Bible to solve the puzzle.
2. By this time the boat was a long way from the _______. It was going against the wind and was being tossed around by the waves. (Matthew 14:24)†††
3. Right away, Jesus reached out his _____. He helped Peter up and said, "You surely don't have much faith. Why do you doubt?" (Matthew 14:31)
4. _____† replied, "Lord, if it is really you, tell me to come to you on the water." (Matthew 14:28)†††
7. A little while before morning, Jesus came walking on the water toward his _______. (Matthew 14:25)†††
11. When they saw him, they thought he was a ghost. They were ______ and started screaming. (Matthew 14:26)†††
12. When Jesus and Peter got into the boat, the wind _____ down. (Matthew 14:32)
1. The men in the boat ______ Jesus and said, "You really are the Son of God!" (Matthew 14:33)†††
5. Then he went up on a mountain where he could be _____ and pray. Later that evening, he was still there. (Matthew 14:23)†††
6. Jesus made his disciples get into a __________ and start back across the lake. (Matthew 14:22)†††
8. "_________!" Jesus said. Peter then got out of the boat and started walking on the water toward him. (Matthew 14:29)
9. But when Peter saw how strong the wind was, he was afraid and started _______. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted. (Matthew 14:30)
10. At once, Jesus said to them, "Don't _______! I am Jesus. Don't be afraid." (Matthew 14:27)
ís Puzzlemaker:† http://www.puzzlemaker.com Discovery School